12 July, 2009




1. We have to be the most pathetic married couple! Friday night we went out for our anniversary! We did have a nice dinner at my favorite... Macaroni Grill, but then we got in the car and sat there. "What do we do now. It is only 7:00 pm?" "I don't know, what do you wanna do?" "I don't care, let's go bowling." "We could have gone bowling if we had planned ahead, I have no socks. Not to mention it is a Friday night and all the teens hang out there." "true! Okay, so you wanna go walk around downtown." "okay, I could use the excersise." After walking around for 10 minutes. (downtown isn't so big) "Now what, it is 7:30?" "I gotta pee, lets go and find somewhere to pee!" After checking numerous places that were closed, go figure, we ended up at Target. "So you wanna walk around?" "Sure, my dream!" "Okay, now it is 8:30, now what?" "Let's go walk around the village." (another shopping area that had live music-- very inviting!) "Okay, it is 9:00... I really have a headache now. We can go home now!" "good idea!"


What in the world is wrong with us!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We really need to get better at this!



2. I did buy hubby and myself and wonderfully delicious Chocolate fudge peanut butter cup cake!! TO DIE FOR!!!!!!!!!!!! See for yourself.......

3. Sat. a friend and I went to Woman's day at my church! (thanks for coming Jaime, Love you!)Great message and great music!! After, we stopped at Steak n' Shake - one of my personal favorite places to get a quick and cheap meal! Going through their table top menu, we came across this:


All I can say is "who knew?"! Energy in milkshake form?

7 Comments:

  1. Lori said...
    that cake looks delicious!
    Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...
    OMG!! I think I gained 5 pounds just looking at that cake!
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    Okay I had to laugh at your date because I SOOOO could have written it. We are so bad about that too. Dinner is always a given but then what? LOL.
    And that cake. Oh have mercy girl! Peanut Butter and Chocolate are my favorite combo! YUMMMMM!
    HUGS.
    Kim
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Oh my the anniversary sounds like how we spend ours. It will be coming up in August and we will have nothing planned either. :)
    that cake looks awesome!
    Dearest Jessica said...
    Sounds like a fun evening. That is one amazing cupcake!


    We have done the same date not sure what to do. However, never underestimate the fun you could have at home after 9pm ;)

    Happy Anniversary!
    Largaespada Family said...
    I can definitely relate to the date. You would think that after several nights out together with hours of discussion of what we were going to do (even choosing the restaurant), we would figure it out by planning ahead...nope never happens! So I laughed as I read about your date. I think the problem is we are getting old. Home is where we end up too!

    Had a great time Saturday! Looking forward to getting together again :)
    Mikki said...
    ROFL!! Been there done that. LOL. My DH and I have made a pack now that our girls are older - when we go on dates - it has to be at least 30 minutes away from the house - that way at least we get to talk in the car and it seems like we've been gone longer.
    LOL

Post a Comment