06 December, 2008

Whew... what a whirlwind weekend of Christmas festivities!! I hope this isn't a sign of weekends to come!! Friday night was "light up night" in our quaint little town. We all gathered downtown for carols, cookies, Santa, fake snow, sled riding down an "ice" hill (only in FL does the line to go down said slide covered in "shaved ice" extend down the street and around the block!) , hot cocoa, and the annual lighting of the town tree!! I only got a couple of pics. I was too busy trying to navigate my SUV (stroller) through the shoulder to shoulder crowd!!


(first pic is right after the tree was lit, and the one of the kids is them trying to catch "fake" snow! I was bummed the "snow" didn't show up in the pic.)





Saturday morning, we headed back downtown for our Christmas parade! For a little town, it sure does last LONG!! I think it lasted 2 hours this year!! "Monkey" was completely engaged in the police lights and sirens. My boys were riding on the cub scout float! They have so much fun. We had to school them on how to pass out candy this year. Last year they pelted people with candy! Oy!! Here are some fun pics from our parade!!







Yup, that is a camel!!


Okay, you can't have a parade without the Chick-fil-e Cow!!

Daddy on the Cub Scout float!

The Cub scout float going by us!



Tonight we are going to visit Santa and maybe Epcot to see "Holidays around the World"!! "Monkey's" first time!! Wish us luck!!




7 Comments:

  1. He & Me + 3 said...
    What a blast. I miss the Chik-fil-a cow. We don't have them up north. We so need them. Anyways, good luck with the santa visit. Can't wait to see pics:)
    Everyday Mom Designs said...
    Wow, sounds like tons of fun! I just love Christmas festivities. :)
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Sounds like a super fun couple of days! Our city had their winter parties this weekend too, but with all that we had going on, we missed out on the fun. I was bummed! Maybe next year! Hope that the Santa adventure went smoothly!
    Florida Girl said...
    HOW FUN! We watched our parade too last night but we didn't have fake snow OR the chick-fil-a cow! I'd say we were jipped. By the way, since I haven't checked in a few days, I LOVE your christmas photos & your blog on the chocolate! How funny!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    I have something for you at my blog..come on over!
    Davisix said...
    LOVED these pics....so fun!!! Though I must admit, I'm not a parade fan. I know, bah humbug. I don't like crowds either...I get all weirded (probably not a word, right?) out! :) Ang
    Mc Allen said...
    aww, looks like you had a great time, I love the you tube vidoes, soooo cute!! LA

Post a Comment