25 December, 2008

Christmas festivities!!

( I am positive that these cookies gave "Santa" raging heartburn and she-- oops, I mean He couldn't sleep very well!)

We had a great Christmas this year!! Even more special was that it was "monkey's" first!! We started with Christmas Eve service! It was beautiful! The best part of the whole night was that my two older kids took communion with us for the first time!! (I waited for them to take part until they asked to and knew what the meaning and importance was!) They understood it and wanted to participate!! I was almost in tears!! (Thanks Lord for that little gift!) After church we went to my mom's for some little munchies and for the kids to open their gifts from the grandparents! We got the remainder of the gifts wrapped and under the tree at home. Finally off to bed. My boy comes walking into my room just as I dozed off and said, " mom, I just can't fall asleep. Imagine not being able to fall asleep on Christmas Eve. This is not good!" Finally he made it to sleep.

Christmas morning was full of fun, gifts, and paper everywhere!! "Monkey" had no problem ripping into her gifts! Since it was her first, we took so many pictures that I will put them in a separate post! We spent the day playing with our things and waited for our family to arrive for dinner! Family is so special and it is such a blessing to have them close. We lived in FL for almost 8 years without ANY family. Now some are here to share these days with!

Dinner with our cousin!


Exchanging gifts from our "secret Santa" with our cousins!


These were our traditional panera goodies for Christmas morning! They were huge!!
The night came to a close with us all sitting down to watch "Prince Caspian"! Good movie!! A little intense, but we will see how the dreams go tonight!! I think they may be too tired to dream! :o)

I trust you all had a great Christmas!! Sorry about all the pictures, but it was a good day!! Enjoy! Stay tuned to WW!! I have a funny story and even funnier picture to share that happened today!! :o)

Reading a post card from Nannie about the doll she bought a long time ago and saved until she had a granddaughter to give it to. My girl is her first granddaughter!


She waited for Santa so patiently... I think it paid off!!

Daddy discovering that someone left him a gift in his car!! I can't leave his gifts under the tree. He was born with this sick sense of being able to tell what his gift is before even opening it.

She got her swing for the playground out back!




Future Hannah Montana! And yes, it had to be pink!

Thanks for hanging on till the end!! Have a great day!

6 Comments:

  1. Jessica said...
    Looks and sounds like you had a great day! I love the pink guitar, too cute!
    Lori said...
    looks like you had a great day!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    What a super fun day! We had lots of fun too, although our weather didnt' cooperate as nicely as yours did...rain and 55! Oh well, better than snow!
    Thanks for sharing in your fund day!
    Everyday Mom Designs said...
    Looks like everyone had a really great and fun day!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Great pictures of your fun day. So glad that Monkey had a great time too. She is a dolly face.
    More Than Words said...
    Great pictures! And it must be warm where you live since your daughter is able to wear a tank top! How nice!!

    LOL, my favorite picture is of your hubby looking in the car!!

Post a Comment