18 November, 2008

What a great heart!

So what good is a blog if you can't brag about your kids!? Can you hear the music? "It's my blog and I'll brag if I want to, brag if I want to!!" :o)

My 10 yr. old son is such a great kid!! I am overwhelmed sometimes with his thoughtfulness and sensitivity! He is a very emotional kid, but that will definitely make his wife happy someday! :o) He is such a great helper too. His baby sis just adores him!!
I could go on, but that is another post!!

Anyway, the other day I was making myself some tea and I dropped the lid to my ceramic canister. It broke! Of course in my annoyed attitude, I put the lid down and huffed out of the room! I didn't realize my son was in the family room watching me.
When I came back down stairs, this is what I saw on the counter!
My sweet boy got out the scotch tape, put it back together, and taped it up inside and out! Guess what? It worked and hasn't fallen apart since!! I could glue it back together or even buy a replacement, but I love this little reminder each morning when I get my tea! My boy did this for me! It also sends a message to my son that I value what he did for me!

Thanks, buddy for fixing my canister!! You rock!!

12 Comments:

  1. Davisix said...
    OK, I have goosebumps! What a sweet, sweet, sweet boy!!! This is a great post that just warmed my heart. :) Ang
    He & Me + 3 said...
    He did a darn good job too. In the first picture, you can hardly tell it was broken. Wow! That is awesome! What a thoughtful boy!
    Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...
    Sweet, sweet, sweet. You have to treasure moments like that.
    Mikki said...
    Awww.. too precious! What a sweetheart!

    Yes, it is fun bragging on your kids via blogs!!
    Kelly said...
    How sweet! I love hearing moms brag on their kids!
    Julie said...
    What a great son you have raised Kelly! What a sweet moment you will always remember!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    That is so awesome...it sounds like my Colin! What a sweet boy you have :) (and if you can't brag on your kids on your blog, why bother!!)
    Largaespada Family said...
    PRECIOUS SOUL!!!!! Love it! Thanks for sharing.
    Davisix said...
    Kelly...I just laughed right out loud at what you commented on my post about the fridge magnet. That's a great one!! xoxo Ang
    Brittani said...
    so sweet! I love that his heart was sensitive to the fact that you were hurting. too precious
    brittani
    Debra Kaye said...
    Kelly,

    What a precious heart! I could barely see the tape too. He is gonna make a great husband one day...full of gentleness and compassion.

    ((hugs)) to you!
    Shannon said...
    What a kind heart. He's a keeper!!! :-)

Post a Comment