20 November, 2008

Flying high!

My hubby got a gift certificate for Christmas last year to a local indoor skydiving venue! Well, he just got around to using it! Boy did he have fun! I am hoping this will squash any further desire to do the real thing out of a plane during a mid-life crisis! He has always loved trying new things-- especially when they are dangerous! This was a very acceptable way to do sky diving for my liking!! The fun part was that we were all able to go and watch him!!

Here is hubby with the two older kids getting ready to do his thing! Notice the professional team in the "tube" behind them practicing for a jump!!

Here is some video of his experience!! "Still" pictures just wouldn't do it justice!!
This is his first turn.
This was his second turn that the instructor participated in!

8 Comments:

  1. McCrakensx4 said...
    Looks like fun! The second video made me dizzy, can't imainge how he must have felt!
    Largaespada Family said...
    I looked into to getting that same gift for Jarrett for his 30th birthday this year. But, I decided to go for the Richard Petty Driving Experience in Daytona! I purchased one for myself to join him. We haven't went yet (I'm a little nervous). I would have loved the skydiving! And the spinning...awesome!
    Davisix said...
    I have always wanted to do this! What a fun post!! Looks like he had a blast. :) Ang
    Cassie - Homeschooling Four said...
    So much fun! I love that the kids were able to watch.
    He & Me + 3 said...
    OMGosh, now I could do that...I am so afraid of heights, but that I think I could handle. How fun for him! So glad you could share it on video too! I have never heard of anything like this. Way cool!
    Mikki said...
    That looks like so much fun!!
    I'll have to remember this place for gift ideas.
    Anonymous said...
    So glad he survived! All that spinning made me dizzy, I'll stick to ballooning. Mom
    Anonymous said...
    I totally want to do this! I'm way too chicken to actually jump out of a plane, so this is the "next-to-real" thing, I suppose. I'm sure it's loads of fun....

Post a Comment