14 November, 2008

Walking with Dinosaurs!

My boy loves dinosaurs!! He has always studied them, talked about them, and played with them for as long as I can remember. He has even said he wants to be a paleontologist. Last year he saw the advertisement for the "Walking with Dinosaurs" touring show! (check out the link to the show. The video is cool!!) He wanted to go so badly. We couldn't go because the tickets were so expensive! Well, the tour came to our town again this year! He of course begged me to go. The tickets were just as expensive this year as they were last year. I tried to win him tickets on the radio, I tried to win him tickets at the trade show I went to. NO LUCK!! I think we had come to terms with the fact we weren't going!


Thurs. afternoon my husband called me from work and said that he had just received an email from one of his vendors that asked him if he wanted a ticket to see "walking with dinosaurs" that night for free?! Well, duh!!! You can't believe my excitement! My boy would be so thrilled!! We would have to buy one child ticket, but we can handle that! So they made it a boy's night! He was in heaven!!

One more reason to be thankful!! Thank you Lord for the little things. Thanks for the simple pleasures!!


9 Comments:

  1. McCrakensx4 said...
    What an unexpected blessing! And how much fun for the boys! Yay! It looks like a pretty cool show!
    Julie said...
    How fun! and WHAT a blessing that was, glad they had a good time!
    Jen said...
    That is so fun! And even better to get one ticket for free! Andon would have just died to go to something like that!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    That does look awesome! I have never heard of that show. Very cool! Can't beat free either:)
    Debra Kaye said...
    Kelly,

    God is so good! It looks like a really neat show!

    Happy Saturday to you!! ((hugs))
    Julie said...
    That is so cool that they got to go! As they say, "good things come to those who wait!" I am sure Nathaniel loved it!!!
    More Than Words said...
    Hi Kelly! Nice to meet you!!!!

    Wow..what a blessing! Isn't that so awesome how God always comes through????? I'm glad he was able to go!!!
    Anonymous said...
    How cool...God is so sweet!! I thought that looked so interesting. I'm glad the boys got to go! Love, Christie
    Anonymous said...
    I thought--for a very brief moment--about going to this but then I thought it would probably be cheesy. Did you not think so?

Post a Comment