08 November, 2008

Golf-- seriously?

image by: erel.ee

My hubby got some tickets for the Children's Miracle Network Golf classic at Disney for this weekend! I don't know what he was thinking, but asked me to go with him. Now, I have no desire to attend a gold tournament nor do I know anything about golf. I thought that this would be a great opportunity to spend some time with my hubby doing something that he enjoys!

People.... GOLF IS BORING! With all due respect to golfers, WHY? I never understood the fulfillment of golfing. I mean you hit little balls with a little stick and try to make it to an impossibly small target hole in the ground! I actually think Nascar is more enjoyable at this point! At least they have crashes. I have put it all into perspective. They only justification that I can see is that if you are good at golf, you win lots of cash! I do agree though that if my son would like to golf instead of his current desire to do nascar... I LOVE Boring!!

Now, one of the biggest things about being a spectator at a tournament is that you have to be QUIET!! As we are walking down the paths, when someone is prepared to hit the ball, two people-- looking official-- jump up and throw their arms in the air. "oh, look honey... they are praising Jesus!" Ummm, dear.... "they are telling us to be quiet!" Oh..... did I also mention that we brought our 10 mo. old to said "quiet" tournament! Thankfully kids were allowed at this one, but just the sheer stress of keeping her quiet while they were golfing, was enough to send me over the edge.

Oh, well... I got to spend the day with my hubby, learn some new things about golf, and mark that off my "list"! Thanks ,honey, for a good day and a free meal! (sorry, no pics-- no cameras , backpacks, DIAPER BAGS, or cell phones allowed!)

4 Comments:

  1. Mikki said...
    ROFL!! I feel the same way about golf.
    We are heading down to the parks today.. I'm hoping that because of these golfers it won't be crowded..but who knows..
    Debra Kaye said...
    Kelly,

    You are too funny! My hubby loves golf - he calls it "chasing the little white ball"...hmmm...somehow that just doesn't seem appealing to me either.

    Hope you are having a beautiful Sunday!
    Jackie Sue said...
    That is too funny! Glad you had a good time all in all...personally, I love to watch golfing on tv...my kids don't get that either!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    OMGosh..I am so with you, BORING! :)Laughed out loud as I read your golf post! Both my parents are avid golfers and they drive me crazy! Thanks for stopping by my blog! Cute kids!
    ~Stacey

Post a Comment