12 September, 2008

Jingle 1985-2008

A while ago I had posted about my cat Jingle and when enough was enough. Since then, she has deteriorated a lot more, and it has become apparent what we needed to do for her!! Today, enough became enough.
We had our precious Jingle humanely put to sleep to spare her any further deterioration or lack of dignity. Yes, I know she was an animal and a pet, but I have had her for 23 years. She has been my friend, my confidant, my comfort, and my travelin' buddy! This was indeed a VERY hard decision for us to make and one we didn't make lightly. The vet agreed with us and was super sensitive to us and to Jingle. She left with dignity and peace!
I will miss her greatly, but know she is grateful that I didn't let her get so bad that she would suffer! Thanks for all your input and comments on this subject.

Thank you Lord for such a great friend and an unforgettable journey!!

4 Comments:

  1. Largaespada Family said...
    How wonderful that she lived 23years! I can't imagine how hard it was to let her go. It was hard on our family when we gave our insane and crazy dog (after only a few years of having him) to the humane society. Praying for an easy transition in life without Jingle. Love ya!!!

    Oh, and she was beautiful! Sweet picture.

    Jaime
    Mikki said...
    Oh. So sorry. I know letting go of a pet that way is so hard.
    Will be keeping you and your family in our prayers.
    Love the new look of the blog
    Julie said...
    I'm so sorry. Loosing a pet is very hard. They are such a big part of our lives. She had a great, looong life. You made the right decision. I know it was hard, but you did the right thing for her.
    DanielleW said...
    What a very FULL life she lived. I know that she will always have a special place in your hearts.

Post a Comment