24 August, 2008

I am pretty sure this is against the fish and wildlife's whatever laws, but they came to our door looking pathetic and hungry! Come on ... this is the most excitement we have had here in drenched/flooded Florida in a week!! We live right near a conservation area and they frequent the back yard. Our sermon this morning in church was to be compassionate! I am sure this isn't exactly what Pastor Jon meant, but I took it to heart even if it was for the animals!! :o)

For those of you who are not Floridians, these are sand hill cranes. They stand approximately 3 ft tall when grown! They are loud too!! They are really very bold birds. They sure are neat creatures! Now they aren't hungry anymore!! :o)


5 Comments:

  1. Mikki said...
    I LOVE sand hill cranes.
    Did you know they mate for LIFE. And when one dies, the find another couple to be with! That's why you never see any ALONE, there's always a couple OR three... so cute!!

    Not sure if all that is 100% true,but that's what an ole native Floridian told me once.. LOL
    Mikki said...
    P.S.
    We went to the Magic Kingdom today. It was fun, but now we are going to be SOO behind in school..LOL
    Largaespada Family said...
    I love their compassion :)

    Great video. They seemed pretty close!

    Jaime
    Kelly said...
    I have heard that! That is cool! Behind in school? I think we are all a bit behind thanks to Fay! :o) Gustave... STAY AWAY!
    DanielleW said...
    WOW! We would be totally geeking at our house. How cool.

Post a Comment