09 January, 2009

"Monkey" gets dedicated!

This past June, we had "monkey" dedicated to the Lord. In our faith, we don't baptize our infants. That is a command given by the Lord to the believer to follow the Lord in baptism. Since an infant can not make a public profession of faith and her desire to follow the Lord all the days of her life, we don't baptize them at infancy. We dedicate our infants to signify that we offer back our child to the Lord, thank him for our gift, and vow to raise our children in a Godly home with the hopes that someday they will make a decision to accept Christ as their Lord and Savior! That is my daily prayer and my heart's desire-- that my child grow in Christ and accept him personally. I pray they have a personal relationship with him. I pray that one day we will meet in heaven for eternity!

We did a great slide show put to music to honor "monkey" that they showed at the dedication. We had our dear friend, Jaime sing "In my daughter's eyes" by Martina McBride! I don't think there was a dry eye. Here is the slide show. It is to Martina's version. (don't forget to turn off the music in the left sidebar before viewing the video!)








All our family and friends attended! The church service was followed by a lunch at our home. What a great day!! "Monkey" was a gift from God! We give her back to him today! She is your child, Lord. Help us to raise her the best we can!

We were given a certificate and a book- "praying the scriptures for your children."

Praying over her!


I think that brings us up to date! I started the blog right after her dedication! Thanks for joining me on this jog down memory lane!!


11 Comments:

  1. Lori said...
    what a beautiful tribute to your little girl. I've enjoyed reading about "monkey's" first bit of life
    Alicia W. said...
    That is wonderful! Great way to document such a special day for all of you.
    Debra Kaye said...
    Kelly,

    We must have started going to church right after this because we missed the dedication. However, I'm so glad you blogged about it and I was able to read about "Monkey" here.

    Happy Friday to you, my friend.
    He & Me + 3 said...
    How beautiful. I love all the memories that you are creating for her & the slideshow was beautiful. Dedications always make me cry.
    Carla said...
    What a special memory!
    Wendy said...
    We did this with my son just recently and it is such a special time for you now and for what it says about you as a family.
    More Than Words said...
    I love baby dedications!! That's how it is at our church too!!
    Everyday Mom Designs said...
    Very sweet and cute.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    What a great series of posts! Thanks for sharing with us! We dedicated our boys when they were each 2 months old and it was so awesome. What a sweet video!
    Largaespada Family said...
    I love that I could be part of "Monkey's" special day! Thanks for sharing your story. I've enjoyed reading every moment of your journey!
    DanielleW said...
    I still think that is neat how the Lord worked it out for us to be there the very Sunday of Monkey's dedication. Talk about His timing.

Post a Comment