10 January, 2009

This post is to be mainly about my princess and her involvement in our church's youth worship team! She is so excited and is having the time of her life! Okay, some people are saying ... back that car up for a minute! I didn't know we had a youth worship team for K-5th Gr.

So I begin my post with a change that we as a family have made. We are moving on to another church. Now the explanation that many are wondering about. We had been going to a church we called HOME for about 5-6 years! My hubby and I were deep into ministry. I even served on-staff for a small time in the children's ministry dept. I had "monkey" and took some time off from ministry. A couple of times during this ministry hiatus, we went to church with my mom and dad a couple of times. We liked it. The pastor was an incredible speaker and wonderfully humble and down to earth. There was just something about this church. We couldn't put our finger on it. The more we went, the more were being drawn there. We love our relationships that we had built in our previous church. That church knows how to relate. This was such a heart wrenching decision. We waited for a long time to officially make the decision, I guess because I was hoping that the Lord would let us stay. I am confident that if our relationships that we built there are real, they will remain intact! (thanks to those who have asked and wondered about us!! You guys are the best!)

We have numerous reasons for moving on, but the major contributing factor for our decision was the kids! When the kids came home from our new church they were excited. They were asking "when can we go back"? They wanted to get involved! To me that is crucial in my crusade to raise my children in the Lord. This is the crucial time to get them on fire and excited about church and WANT to be there. This sets the tone for their teenage years!! Their youth department has so much to offer from K - high school! This is truly a place they can grow and thrive.

This past Sunday we sort of did a look back at 08 and a look ahead to 09!! WOW! The Lord is really growing this church and doing some amazing things through them. I am SO excited about what is to come in 09!! As far as ministry there, the opportunities are endless to find our true passions and gifts. Hubby has already made contact with the technical team! I am getting the kids settled in their ministries and then will really pray about where HE wants me to be. I don't know if it will be back in Children's ministry or not!

So that is the story!! Now on to the worship team!! Putting the car back into drive......
The K-5 program at the church had decided that it would be great to have the kids lead the kids in worship. To worship together!! My princess loves it. She goes to practice on tues. nights and then does the Sunday services. Here is a video of her first Sunday on the team!! (turn off the music in the left side bar!-- sorry the video so grainy. I couldn't find my good camera!)

If you have a minute take some time to take part in my poll on the right side bar to let me know what you want to see more of on this blog in 09!! I LOVE all my readers and am so honored that you keep up with me!

9 Comments:

  1. Paige Hinrichs said...
    Hi, I just found your blog and it's great!

    I understand changing churches is a huge decision and I'm glad you found a place where your kids want to be involved. I agree, that is so important. Good for you! :)
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Wow that is awesome. The video is very cute! It is important to have a church that meets the whole families needs.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    That is so cool! Our church does something like too, but the kids worship time is more teens, but they are awesome! What a great role for your daughter to play! I agree with MiMi, it is very important to meet the needs of the entire family!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    That is so cool! Our church does something like too, but the kids worship time is more teens, but they are awesome! What a great role for your daughter to play! I agree with MiMi, it is very important to meet the needs of the entire family!
    Largaespada Family said...
    Wow, that's a pretty cool thing! And your princess is ADORABLE up there on stage! Those arms were moving! And Kelly, I will SO miss seeing you at church. But, I understand God's timing and your obedience to His calling. I have been meaning to call you to check in. We must have a playdate for "Monkey and Peanut" very soon!

    Love ya!!!!!!
    Kelly said...
    Paige-- welcome and thanks for joining my journey!!

    Jaime-- playdate is a must!! SOON!!
    Debra Kaye said...
    Kelly,

    I love the video and would love to see it on your blog. I am so glad the Lord has led you and your family to a place that will bless them!

    Hugs to you!
    Kelly said...
    OK - so I'm trying to get caught up on my blog stalking, and had to read your last 11 posts to get caught up! And you're leaving church?!? I'll miss seeing you and monkey in the cry room and hope we can still get the girls together to play! I've enjoyed hearing about your journey!
    Kelly said...
    OK - so I'm trying to get caught up on my blog stalking, and had to read your last 11 posts to get caught up! And you're leaving church?!? I'll miss seeing you and monkey in the cry room and hope we can still get the girls together to play! I've enjoyed hearing about your journey!

Post a Comment