14 March, 2010

Spring is here!!

My favorite momma and daddy are back with brand new babies!!
I just love these guys! They visit us just about every morning! This morning they graced our front lawn and our front porch! They were leaving when I was getting the camera. I opened the front door and they turned around and came back right up to us! I love this picture of the momma giving the baby some bread! I you don't know what these birds are they are Sand Hill Cranes! They mate for LIFE and stand about 4 foot high!!
Their wingspan is HUGE and their call is NOISY!!!!!!! They usually always have 2 babies and are always together!!Spring is here!! (I hope!)

6 Comments:

  1. He & Me + 3 said...
    Too cute. It looks so nice where you are.
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    Ahhh, too cute! We get those in our yard too, but I've never seen them with babies! How adorable.
    Hugs
    KIm
    McCrakensx4 said...
    I am not a fan of birds, but those look so friendly...love the babies...very cute!
    Lori said...
    those birds aren't afraid of ANYTHING!
    More Than Words said...
    Wow!!! That is so cool how they are right in your front yard!

    Love your new layout, too!
    Mikki said...
    Awww. So cute!! I love seeing these types of birds around!!
    Aren't you just loving this weather!!

Post a Comment