09 January, 2010

I woke up this morning absolutely convinced that I must have teleported to some other distant freezing cold land!! This is FLORIDA people!! The sunshine state has left me cold and admiring the ICE CYCLES on my PALM FRONDS!!! Parts of our northern counties have a little snow covering their roof tops. Here in Central FLA., we have SLEET!!! The temps. are only going to be a high of 41 today!! Tonight's low... 20! Good grief!!! Oh, well.... guess being a part of making history can be fun!! Last snowfall that accumulated was in 1977!!
This gave the kids a little taste of an arctic blast. Not enough to quench their "I want to play in the snow" desire!! So now they are more hot to trot for a "snow vacation". We are working on making that happen some how!! I will keep you posted!
For now... I will bundle up and see how many of my plants will need to be replaced when we get back into the 70's by Thursday!!

6 Comments:

  1. Kathy C. said...
    Kelly, that's soooo coool. I woke up and it was raining and 36 (here in Melbourne)...IF ONLY it was a few degrees cooler it could have been snow, or ice at least, LOL... :)
    This is the best we get here for a "winter wonderland" eh? :)
    Mikki said...
    Isn't this crazy?? And it doesn't look like it's going away anytime soon..

    Stay warm..
    Darcie said...
    Thank you SO much for coming over to congratulate me! Very thoughtful.

    I am sure you will be warming up soon...we are slowly in our corner of the world.

    Thanks for stopping by...hope you have room for one more follower.
    Muthering Heights said...
    Oh my goodness...I have never seen icicles on a palm tree!!
    The Mommyologist said...
    My parents live in FLA and keep worrying that the pool will freeze!! Stopping by from Mom Bloggers Club!
    Alexis AKA MOM said...
    OMGosh what a cool picture but never would have guessed that in FL. ;)

Post a Comment