08 January, 2010

Meltdown on the 545!!

So, I am driving to the store this morning-- minding my own business, listening to one of my favorite CD's Paper Heart by Francesca Battistelli when the song "Time In Between" came on. Now... I have listened to this CD MANY times and have sung them at the top of my lungs in the car. (when no one is around except the baby-- she thinks it is rather amusing!) Today, I was completely taken off guard. I started to sing the words and then it happened. An indescribable enormous rush of emotion fell over me. I suddenly started to weep. (Not good while you are trying to drive!) Thank goodness for the red light that enabled me to stop and compose myself for the rest of the drive! I don't know why this song hit me so deeply today versus any other day, but I am in awe of how the LORD makes himself known and tells us what we need to hear and be convicted of -when and how HE chooses!

I don't focus as much as I should about the "time in between". I know he came and he died for me!! The time in between is what set the course for our salvation and set us up to KNOW our Lord's character. The ultimate example we need to strive for. He endured the ultimate challenges, criticisms, and temptations in that time. He did it all for me.
FOR YOU!! The unconditional love that flooded me this morning was just what I needed! The thing is ... HE would do it again for me even if it were ONLY for me!! I stand amazed in my Saviors love for me!! I love that he reminds me in ways that can only amaze and "blow my mind"!!

On that cross between two thieves he promised... "today, you will be with me in paradise"-- No matter what that thief's past... can't put it into words appropriately to really express the way this song has touched my life today. I share it with you so that you can be blessed as I have.
The words are below and the song you can hear via youtube. Listen ,follow the words ,and remember the time in between and THANK HIM!!! Let His love for you penetrate your heart!!




Time In Between - Lyrics Francesca Battistelli:
"You were there when your Father said
Let there be light
You obeyed when He whispered
Son, You have to leave tonight
To spend nine months in a mothers womb
Three days in a borrowed tomb

(Chorus One)
But it’s the time in between
That brings me to my knees
Knowing you came for me
And all that I can't be
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank You for the time in between

Don't take much for this crazy world
To rob me of my peace
And the enemy of my soul
Says You’re holding out on me
So I stand here lifting empty hands
For you to fill me up again

(Chorus Two)
But it’s the time in between
That I fall down to my knees
Waiting on what You'll bring
And the things that I can't see
I know my song’s incomplete
Still I'll sing in the time in between

So many ways
Your love has saved the day
And I'm grateful for them all

(Chorus 3)
But it’s the time in between
The middle of two thieves
That says everything
It’s the reason I believe
I'm amazed, so amazed
And I thank you for the time in between
Oh Lord, I thank you for the time in between"

4 Comments:

  1. He & Me + 3 said...
    I love that song. That CD is so great!
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    I've had songs hit me like. Songs I've listened to a hundred times but for some reason once and awhile it will just hit me like a ton of bricks. I don't think it's happened while driving though. Thank goodness for the red light.
    HUGS
    Kim
    Emily said...
    I've never heard of Francesca Battistelli , but I totally love that song! (I'm honestly not up to date in the Christian contemparary(sp?) music dept). Love it, thanks for sharing!
    Kathy C. said...
    That is one of my favorite CD's too! I know the experience you're talking about, I've had it happen, and it just makes me feel so thankful that He is touching my heart in the special way. Her song beautiful does that to me...I can listen to it over and over, louder each time and the tears just come.
    :) Blessings to you today!

Post a Comment