30 December, 2009

New year... changes!!


Well, I have finally done it. I finally sat down and did a blog makeover! (pre-made of course-- I am NOT that good) It was time for some change. I feel that is going to be the theme this year. CHANGE! Some people run from change, but I tend to embrace it! I do better with some changes than I do with others. Changing my hair... piece of cake! Changing my life... tends to freak me out a bit! In the end... I know the LORD is running my life and all change when it is God inspired and led is good in one way or another!

So let's see... change for 2010! Hmmm....
  1. get a new hairstyle-- like I said piece of cake.
  2. get a new pet-- the kids are dead set on getting a hamster. We have come a long way from wanting that snake. I am not too keen on another pet to take care of or the prospect that the cat or dog may eat it, but you live, learn, and let them learn.
  3. Co-coordinate our church's MOPS group-- yah, this is going to be a fun one. Our current coordinator is pregnant and wants to be MOM, go figure! So, she asked (with some donuts, I might add) and I said yes. So this year I am filling in for her while she is out, and then we will partner up to change moms' lives next MOPS year! I am also currently running their blog! I am truly excited! I have a passion for ministering to moms-- especially young ones. Hey... I have been there!
  4. Getting healthy overall-- There are a few doctors that I need to see for different issues. I just am terrible at going and taking care of me, but that HAS to change. I need to see a chiropractor, a podiatrist, dentist, and my regular doctor. Fact of the matter is... I am a big baby!
  5. get a new house-- this one is bitter sweet! I love my house (not the HOA and all that comes with that though) ... we are just going to need more space. Right now that they market is the buyers market... we can afford the house we need. Kicker is-- we need to sell ours first. This is going to prove to be a very high mountain to scale. I really DON'T like this process nor do I have the energy, but if I want better for my kids and family... I need to find the strength. I trust the Lord will bring us a buyer at just the right time for just the right price, and then have OUR home waiting for us!
  6. Take a family vacation to see SNOW-- we have talked about this for A LONG time. We had initially thought we could kill two birds with one stone by going to the 2010 Olympics in Vancouver via one of Hubby's work contacts. That isn't going to happen. They were going to pay for everything except the plane tickets and the kids weren't able to join us. Yes, could have been a great little 3 day get away for hubby and I, but that wasn't in our plans. The $$ that we would have to shell out for VERY EXPENSIVE plane tickets for the two of us for 3 days just wasn't in the priority list for us . We could use that $$ and take all 5 of us to VA or CO for a week for the same price. So we search for vacation options!
  7. My boy will start Middle school-- next school year starting in Aug. , my baby boy, my firstborn will start what??????? Okay, now I am officially FREAKING OUT! He can still stay at the charter school with his sister, but we will be evaluating their program to see if we will stay there. Poor boy gets to be the guinea pig! Isn't that true of ALL first borns? Thanks mom!!
Well, I think that is a good enough start to the changes we will see this year. I am sure many will arise and we will take them one day at a time! I am excited and filled with hope!! I trust you will continue to follow our crazy journey! We LOVE having you!!
Blessings for an awesome 2010!



11 Comments:

  1. Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    I'd say that those are doable goals my friend. We are trying to sell our house too. It's not a fun process that's for sure but if we can break free we have a house that we could pay cash for and be out of debt of a house. So we are praying hard about it.
    Hugs
    Kim
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Great job on the makeover and I want a new house in 2010 too.
    Julie said...
    Cute new layout! Good luck with the house, I know how much you have been wanting to move on.
    XmasDolly said...
    Whoa, those some big moves there girlfriend, but I wish you all the luck in the world with that. You have a beautiful family & cool job on the makeover. I'm your newest follower. Hope you can find time to follow me too.
    Kathy C. said...
    Kelly, sounds like you have a good plan in place...or should I say SEVERAL good plans. :) Have a wonderful New Years, blessings to you and your family...
    P.S... I do not envy you in having to sell your home...love that "pack it all away and make it showable" bit...ugh.
    XmasDolly said...
    Okay, I think someone else is doing the same as you or I've been here earlier. LOL Dang, my CRS is really creeping up on me. Well, anyway looks like you're going to have your hands full this year, but I see 7 things, and you know what they say Lucky "7", and you'll be checking those off in no time I'm sure. Thanks for stopping by me. Have a good day.
    More Than Words said...
    The makeover looks great!!

    You've got alot of stuff going on in your neck of the woods!!

    I'm always taking a backseat to my family as well, meaning I take care of their needs before mine. I know I need to change that too!
    JennyMac said...
    Love your list! Happy New Year.

    and DOGS make great pets. :)
    mama's smitten said...
    Glad I found your blog! My kids want a pet as well! So I got them a couple Zhu Zhu pets! Is that cheating?!Happy New Year!
    Vanessa said...
    You're so awesome! Can I come with you when you get a new hairstyle?? I am tired of my high school hair!
    Alexis AKA MOM said...
    Sounds like an amazing list of things to come. Love a new hairstyle it always helps me to be in a better mood ;). Healthy yup that is one I need too :)

Post a Comment