01 September, 2009

In chapter one we are setting the framework for what the book is really about... the heart! The heart is the wellspring of our lives! What our attitude and actions are is a mirror image of what is in our hearts! WOW... that hit me even in my own relationship with Christ, not just in parenting! Like the old saying goes... "garbage in ... garbage out". How can I shepherd my child's heart when my heart is not right and overflowing with the fruits of the spirit! You can not teach your children what you have not learned first! The Lord puts a lot of emphasis on the heart in the bible. Did you know it is mentioned in the bible over 700 times?

We are also learning that the bible is the only book you ever need for parenting... geez to now "GET IT".... I could have saved a lot of $$ from not buying all the parenting books. I don't know why in my desperation in parenting, I didn't go the one true book that holds the only truths I need to succeed. The bible is the lamp unto my feet and light unto my path... that also does include parenting. Unless the word of God dwells in us, we will be ineffective!!

I can't wait to get to class on Sunday and dig deeper into ch. 1 with the gang!! It has only begun!


6 Comments:

  1. He & Me + 3 said...
    Sounds wonderful. Let us know how the discussion on Sunday goes.
    Emily said...
    I really enjoyed this series! We did this for the adult retreat up at the Castle this past February. Lots of great tips/ideas!
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    I think we did a study with that book years back and it was really good. Enjoy it!
    Hugs.
    Kim
    Mikki said...
    So glad to see you are enjoying this book. I ALWAYS recommend it to people when they ask me parenting advice. It TOTALLY opened my eyes and my DH eyes to what the 'core' or heart of all things is..

    Blessings!!
    Tonya said...
    I read this book a few years ago with a group of women and it was AWESOME. Enjoy it.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    That sounds fabulous! I can't wait to see/hear as the weeks go on! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment