12 May, 2009

Since being away from the kids for a couple of days and having a husband that works/travels a lot, I have been really pondering!! I really want our time together as a family, as mom and kids, as husband and wife, as dad and kids, as father and daughter, as mom and son... etc. to be quality time. It isn't about the quantity of time we spend if we make the quality of the time we spend together be amazing!!! I think this is where a lot of parents go wrong! They feel that their time together is based on the quanity. They are there with the kids, but the kids are engaged in the tv while the parent is on the phone/computer/blackberry! Our kids don't want a relationship with their tv, they want a relationship with US! We only get one time around-- one shot at this parenting thing! One shot at making this a marriage that we can be proud of! Even if we sit and watch a movie... turn off the blackberry and be engaged with them in the movie!


I have taken this really seriously and have made it a priority in our home! So much that I found a quote that goes a long the same idea and put it on my wall right above the front door as a daily reminder!

That is my challenge to you today! Make the day be filled with moments and don't let days pass before you have moments!!

7 Comments:

  1. Alicia W. said...
    We have a quote about family right above our walk in entrance in our home as well. I love the daily reminder. Have a great day.
    Everyday Mom Designs said...
    This is great! What a wonderful reminder! :) We are looking into buying our first home and I plan on doing something similar in the entry way. :)
    Country Mouse, City Mouse said...
    What a great reminder! I need one of those signs for over my door.
    He & Me + 3 said...
    That is so true and i love that saying.
    Julie said...
    Great quote. That is why I think it is so important to be involved in the "activities" as a family.
    More Than Words said...
    I couldn't agree with you more!! LOL, I have a Blackberry and I get EVERYTHING on there! It's like having a mini lap top w/ me 24/7!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Great reminder! I love where you put it too! I may try to find one to put over out door! Thanks for the great idea!

Post a Comment