27 April, 2009

Swimming lessons that is!!! Yup, Monkey started swimming lessons this morning! Well, it is more like infant swim survival! A wonderful woman from my church has been doing it for over 30 years infants - adults. Now she does it out of her home! She is SO patient, SO gentle, and just LOVES these kids to death!! She whispers in their ears, sings to them, kisses their foreheads, and then after a bit scoops them up and hugs/loves on them!! The Lord has given her such a sweet gift to help us protect our gifts from Him!


I didn't do infant swim with my older two when they were little, but these days the pools are everywhere, the lakes are unguarded, and frankly if I am honest... life is so crazy.... I fear that I may lose focus! I want Monkey to be prepared if God forbid something would happen! Since we have the older two we are always at the pool or at a friends house with a pool! This is by no means a substitute for parental supervision, just another precaution!!
Monkey was not happy when she got in the pool with Ms Ginny! Like Ms. Ginny says... at 15 mo. old... she isn't afraid of the water, she is just mad she can't be with mamma! That is why this is a great time to get them acclimated to the water! Monkey kept reaching for me each time she would come out of the water, but after a couple of times she finally relied on Ms. Ginny and hugged her for security! She cried the whole 10 minutes, but actually it didn't phase me. I felt like I should be on the edge of my seat or sitting with tears in my eyes. My baby needed me, but... if I keep in perspective.... 10 minutes of screaming is better than a lifetime of NOT hearing that precious scream ever again! Ms. Ginny says she will be an "easy one"!! I hope without the screaming!! At the end of the lessons, I will video and post it!! If you are local and need lessons-- I highly recommend Ms. Ginny!! Swimming for Life School

This is Ms. Ginny telling Monkey that she is going fall in and roll over to breathe!

6 Comments:

  1. Alicia W. said...
    I would be scared to death while watching but it's a great thing you are teaching her. :o)
    He & Me + 3 said...
    wow...when we had the kids in lessons, we were in the water with them, but that is neat to have a teacher one on one with Monkey. I think it is great to teach them swimming so young.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    That is so great...although I hope and pray you will never need it. My boys did swim lessons, but when they were in preschool.
    Largaespada Family said...
    So glad to hear it went well! GO MONKEY GO!!!!
    Mikki said...
    OH I've heard of this. It sounds like a GREAT idea.
    We know of dear people who have had accidents in the pool.. it can be very scary...
    Yea. Monkey!!
    Yea Mom!
    Tracy said...
    Came here via Whitneys blog. This picture brought back somany memories. My daughter did this from 10 months and it was the best thing we ever did. They learn so quickly at this age, and before long she could "swim" to the side of the pool and hold on. She fell in when she was 18 months old at a friends house, and did exactly what she was taught to do and by the time we got to her she was trying to climb out! definitely worth it! But, unfortunately it took her ages to stop crying during the lessons :-(

Post a Comment