14 March, 2009

Show and Tell Saturdays!



Kim over at Homesteader's Heart hosts Show and Tell Saturdays! I haven't participated until now. How could I not since I just posted my WW about my pooch!?! The theme this weekend is my favorite furry friend! I though it only fitting to give a littls back ground on our girl Maya !

Maya is a shepard/sharpay mix! She is @ 2 years old now. We got her from Animal control. She was a stray that they had picked up. We fell in love with her the first time we saw her. She was scared to death! Her ears where laid back, and she crouched every where she walked. I can only imagine what she had been through. She was about 6 mo. old when we got her. In the kennel we couldn't tell what she was mixed with. She was so sweet. We had not had good luck with dogs in the past, so were a bit cautious to say the least, but we took a gamble and it paid off in a big way!! When we got her home and she settled in, she got more excited and comfortable. As soon as that happened, the ears popped up and out came those wrinkles on the forehead! We looked at each other and with out a doubt shouted... "Sharpay!" (can you tell we are HSM fans, I have no idea how to spell the dog breed!) We didn't have to potty train her either. I don't know if she was a stray long enough or what, but she refuses to go in the house. She will bark and whine till you get off your butt!! She is the sweetest dog you will ever meet! She loves the kids to death! She listens, lets the kids hang on her, and loves the baby!! She is very loyal! Careful, if you come over you may get licked to death!! Thanks Lord for our faithful friend!!


9 Comments:

  1. Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    She is too cute! My daughter would love the name Sharpay for a dog. She loves HSM. And it's so nice that you could rescue a dog. Very cool!
    I finally got my post up! LOL.
    Big hugs.
    Kim
    Alicia W. said...
    Awwww, What a sweet girl Maya is! I too have rescued a animal from the shelter and it has been one of the most awarding decisions I made. What a great post! LOVE how she is rockin the shades, lol.
    Lori said...
    very cute! love the kisses picture
    Jessica said...
    Very cute, I love the one in sunglasses! There is nothing like a good dog, I know because ours is not *grin*! I think if we get another after Tuffy goes to never never land, we would definately go the shelter route instead.
    Robyn said...
    Very cute!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    She is adorable. Love her name and the sunglasses. What a great family pet.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    What a great family pet! She looks so sweet in all of your pics! I had a dog like that growing up! My boys want a dog so badly...I am just not ready to take care of one!
    Florida Girl said...
    What a great dog you have! They are just like one of the family!
    Jennifer said...
    Oh my goodness! I love the cool look with the sunglasses! Mixed breeds and rescue dogs make some of the best pets.

    I have a picture of our Rottweiler licking Ty in the face at about the same age. Priceless!

Post a Comment