31 March, 2009

Boy, do I hate furniture shopping, but it had to be done!! We were looking for a LONG time for the right table. I really wanted a round one, with 6 chairs and it HAD to match our existing cherry buffet! It wasn't easy to find a match . This color of cherry is nice , but a little more red than normal! Not very many people carry it. If they do it is really expensive.


Finally now when Monkey is out of the highchair, we won't have to force her to eat on the floor because their isn't enough room. We can now have the "kid's table" and "adult table" at thanksgiving! (Well, hey... I had to endure it ... it's their turn!!) I can now actually have people over for dinner and not make us all spread out over tray tables or on the back porch!!

The chairs have black leather on them. (Hide the dirt or wipe right off!!) It also has this cool shelf underneath to put stuff on when you are done serving to make more room!!

I think we did great!! I am very happy! It has everything we needed!! We did get a great deal from what I can see. We got the extra 2 chairs for half price!

Hmmm, who can I have over for dinner now?! :o)


9 Comments:

  1. Emily said...
    That is a beautiful set! :)
    Lori said...
    nice set.. and I'm sure Monkey will appreciate eating at the table too
    Dearest Jessica said...
    Me ME...is that to desperate sounding?

    Beautiful table! Can't wait to see you this weekend.
    More Than Words said...
    I love it Kelly!! Cherry is my favorite!!
    Sarah Coggins said...
    Furniture shopping is always an adventure. You all did great! That is a gorgeous table. :)
    Sugar Mommy said...
    LOVE LOVE LOVE! I'll come for dinner...what time :)
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Absolutely gorgeous. I love that wood!
    Largaespada Family said...
    Love the table. Just let us know what to bring over for dinner :)
    McCrakensx4 said...
    What a beautiful dining set. I love the leather on the backs, so practical, but elegant too!-

Post a Comment