28 March, 2009

Biking for MS!


My uncle is taking part in this year's Bike for MS! This is expecially important and personal for our family because his son, my cousin, has been diagnosed with MS. He will be 30 this year and has an amazing wife and sweet daughter!! Having multiple sclerosis means that you may suddenly have blurry vision. Or that your memory will fail you for no apparent reason. Or that you may not always be able to walk, let alone ride a bike. The symptoms of MS are different, and devastating, for everyone - the only certainty is that it will affect yet another person every hour of every day.


This is why my uncle rides:

"I've registered for the Bike MS: Escape to the Lake (Erie) event because I want to do something for the people who have been diagnosed - and because I want to do everything to prevent more people from learning what it means to live with this disease. Today, there is no cure for multiple sclerosis, and with diagnosis occurring most frequently between the ages of 20 and 50, many individuals face a lifetime filled with unpredictability.My son has been diagonsed with this disease. He has gone with me on a number of recreational bike rides in the past. With God's help and yours, perhaps he may be able to again."


If you are interested in being apart of this great opportunity to help change lives for today and the future , you can visit his homepage where you can sponsor him on his ride in June!



4 Comments:

  1. He & Me + 3 said...
    That is so neat. I have a friend with MS...I will have to check the links you left...to see what we can do.
    AmberW said...
    That is SO awesome!!!
    I was diagnosed with MS a year and a half ago - and the cause is SUCH an important one!!!
    My uncle bikes for MS. Last year he raised $50,000.
    So amazing!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    How great. I used to babysit for a mom who had MS. What a great tribute your uncle it doing. Ride safe and have fun!
    Country Mouse, City Mouse said...
    This disease affects so many people. Awesome!

Post a Comment