29 January, 2009


Well, the two front teeth are out. They came out within a couple of days of each other. This is exciting for her, because she has waited. However, this brings on a whole new level to our thumb sucking fight!! (you read about our drama from the beginning here.) Now, the adult teeth can grow incorrectly if she doesn't stop. Now is the turning point--changes need to happen! The top one that corresponds with the thumb she sucks, has already started to grow in. This has been a battle I chose not to fight until now. The future state of her mouth is resting in my hands. Join the fight.... say some prayers... hear my battle cry.......
IT'S ON!!!!!!!!!!!!
(the theme from "Rocky" was playing in my head!)
(wimper, wimper.... help?!)

10 Comments:

  1. More Than Words said...
    Aww..how cute! She looks so proud to display her missing teeth! I know, it's such a big deal to my kids too!!
    Lori said...
    look at all the missing teeth! guess she won't be eating any apples soon

    good luck with the thumb sucking!
    Julie said...
    I'm in your corner. I will be hoping and praying for the best!!!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I love toothless smiles. i think they are just so sweet. Praying that their isn't a fight at all about it.
    Wendy said...
    How funny! I adore the toothless smile pictures...after the shock wore off. Let me explain, i hate blood. HATE blood and my middle child Emory liked to pull out her own teeth then bring the bloody mess to me. Yes, the child felt the wiggliness, decided she did not like it and yanked them out all by herself. What can I say? prison or president with that one.
    Country Mouse, City Mouse said...
    That is a tough one. I am interested to hear what works. Good luck!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    My fav pics of the boys are toothless! I hope, for the sake of your wallet, that all attempts to cease the thumb sucking are successfull! Happy thoughts your way!
    Anonymous said...
    She looks so cute (and big!). Good luck with the battle. Mack simply decided on her own - One day she said, "I'm not gonna suck my thumb anymore." And, she didn't!
    Jackie
    God's Girl said...
    I am going to be in the same boat soon with my daughter. Your daughter is beautiful.
    Shannon said...
    My daughter is a big thumb sucker too! It's so cute now but I'll know it will be a battle in a few years. Good luck!

Post a Comment