28 January, 2009


I am a huge fan of musical theater! I have a dream to go to Broadway ,and see all the shows! I get so excited when a show is made into a movie!!! It isn't Broadway, but it works for me!! The newest show to tickle my fancy was "Mamma Mia"!! It stars Meryl Streep, Pierce Brosnan, Colin Firth, and Christine Baranski! (turn off the music in the left sidebar before viewing the trailer!)

I loved this movie! The soundtrack is a must! Who hasn't dreamt of being the "dancing queen"! Come on... admit you have danced on your bed with your hairbrush signing that famous Abba song!! The show itself is a great show with a funny, touching, and ironic plot. My favorite song and scene is when "Donna" is helping "Sophie" get ready for her wedding. It is just the two of them in the bedroom, painting nails, brushing hairs, and putting band aids on boo boos-- all the while singing how she has grown up so fast and wondering about regrets! I was choked up!! Such a sweet moment between mom and daughter! I couldn't help to look ahead at my girls and their special days. What will I feel?

I recommend this great musical for anyone who wants to have fun, sing their hearts out, and loves a great love story on differing levels!! It does have some sexual "content"(if you have any questions you can check it out on kids in mind first), so I don't recommend your 7 year old daughter watch it!! Mine won't be watching it!


I also had a good time watching this and thinking about my girl friends. I have two very special friends that I can totally see us at that age carrying on like that!!

Okay, dancing queens!! Go see that movie and have a great time. There is a thing on the dvd where you can watch the movie with the words to the songs subtitled so you can sing a long!! SO MUCH FUN!!

3 Comments:

  1. Largaespada Family said...
    I still haven't see this movie! It's time, yes, it's time!!!!
    Jen said...
    i'm right there with ya!! i loved it! i am actually listening to the soundtrack right now! :)
    McCrakensx4 said...
    LOVED this movie! I don't know how the people in the theater were sitting still!! I went with 10 of my friends and we were all singing and dancing in our seats! We were ready to dance in the stairway!!

Post a Comment