30 January, 2009

"Crocs" with a purpose!!

I don't know about you, but my kids love their "Crocs" shoes! They are simple plastic slip on shoes with holes in them! Great for the beach, park, quick trips to the store etc. The only con is that they are plastic, and they break/wear out very easily and quickly! I have thrown away many pairs after the dog chewed them up, they were broken, or just worn down! A waste?

NO! Not anymore!!

There is a company called Soles United that is taking worn out "Crocs", and is putting them to good use! You can take your worn out "Crocs" to a participating retailer (or mail in) and drop them in the marked boxes. They then send them to be recycled and made into new shoes for needy people in countries like Armenia, Cambodia, Chad, Darfur, El Salvador, Guatemala, Haiti, Honduras, Malawi, Mali, Moldova, Philippines, Romania, Swaziland, Tanzania, Thailand, Vietnam, and Zimbabwe.
There is a short video as well as FAQ's about the program that can answer all your questions on their website! Please take few minutes to check it out and pass it on!! One by one, we can make a difference!! What a great and simple way to help out people who needs shoes!! All it takes is a little stop, while you are already out, and drop your used "crocs" off at a retailer listed on their list!!

4 Comments:

  1. Lori said...
    we aren't croc wearers here, but that is a great idea! I wish more companies would think in these terms... especially in this day and age we need to figure out re-purposes for common items
    He & Me + 3 said...
    That is an awesome idea. I love it! THanks for sharing. We have some to donate.
    Michelle said...
    Oh what a great idea. I'm telling all my Croc-y friends about this, as I know they have the same issue. I hate to see them all going to waste, and this is a really neat idea.

    And thanks so much for stopping by my blog yesterday on my SITS day. I had so much fun and am still wading through wonderful comments. I hope you enjoyed yourself and that you come back to visit soon!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    What a great tip! I will have to check it out. I am too cheap to buy the 'real' crocs so we have the cheapy ones! I hope they take those too! Thanks for sharing!

Post a Comment