14 December, 2008


This weekend was a lot more laid back than last weekend. Partly due to "monkey" being sick and partly due to the boys going camping. So us girls hung out this weekend!! I did manage to go to a Tastefully Simple party at my friend Jaci's house! This wasn't just any party. She and her consultant are donating a percentage of profits/hostess gifts to "blankets for China"! China just had that devistating earthquake not too long ago and the children are cold! So many of my friends have adopted from China so it becomes personal for so many! You can read more about this effort and her partnership with KidsLake at my friend Brandi's site! This girl has a HUGE heart and deep passion for Africa and abroad!! You can also read about the need and donate right on her site. What a great way to spread the "warmth of Jesus" this holiday season!! Everyone is donating and raising money in their own way! I got some tastefully simple products, which I love, and donated to warm some bodies!!

I know this is a lot of "links" and little information, but trust me-- this gal and these links can explain things so much better than me trying to blunder my way through them!! Please take some time to check them out!
Hope you all had a great weekend!!

9 Comments:

  1. More Than Words said...
    Hi Kelly!! Thanks for the heads up on your friends site! One of my friends just adopted a baby girl from China so I'm sure she would be interested in reading this also!!

    Have a wonderful night!!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Thanks for the info. It is a worthy cause and something to look into!
    Have a fab week! :)
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I love Tastefully simple. Yum! I will check into that site. Thanks!
    Debra Kaye said...
    Kelly,

    Thanks for the info. How is Monkey doing? I pray she is much better!

    Hugs to you both!
    Danyele Easterhaus said...
    i love it!!! i too have a passion for africa and helping in many ways. thanks for the links! i love your blog! the background is so nice! thanks for coming by today!
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    What a great way to spread some love this holiday season.
    thanks for sharing the links.
    hugs.
    Kim
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Tag...You're fabulous! Come check it out! Happy day :)
    ~Stacey
    Florida Girl said...
    Great idea! It's so easy to get wrapped up in your own stuff that you forget who is suffering out there. Thanks for the reminder. Jessica
    Unknown said...
    I love when people donate proceeds to help people! I will check out both of those sites! I think that giving is a great way to show Jesus' light during the Christmas season!

Post a Comment