25 November, 2008

It's NOT about me!


I have been challenged today, and thought I would share with you! In this time of friends and family losing jobs, having medical issues, having money issues, and plain just having issues-- I need to remind myself and challenge each of us to remind ourselves that it isn't about us! We get wrapped up in our own day, our own trials, our own struggles that we lose sight about who this life is all about. I focus so hard on the troubles I am having and miss what HE is doing in my life in spite of them. The sooner we make it about HIM, we can see his hand -his touch on our lives! This song from "Salvador" called AWARE, speaks to me each time I hear it, but more so today. I know I don't want to miss what He has in store, so I will keep my eyes focused on Him and stop worrying about my own selfish "issues"! When I get selfish, I repeat those words... Make me aware, make me see , that everything I am is not all about me! Maybe if I keep repeating it, I will get it!! Enjoy the video, but don't forget to turn off the music player in the left side bar first! Blessings!



6 Comments:

  1. Debra Kaye said...
    Kelly,

    I've never heard this song before but what a great message! And I know He is faithful to always make a way for us when there seems to be no way!

    ((hugs)) to you!! Happy Tuesday, sweet one!
    Anonymous said...
    I also have never heard this song before, what a powerful reminder of all that is truly important. And I hear you on all the issues going on right now, let's continue to edify and pray for one another.
    Thank you for sharing the love of Jesus today!
    Davisix said...
    Thank you for this...its beautiful and so true. Ang
    More Than Words said...
    We have this CD!! We are HUGE Salvador fans!!!!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I have never heard this song before either. What a great song and wonderful voice. Yes, please make me more aware. Let me always have my eyes fixed on Him...Great post too!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Thanks for helping me to keep my eyes on the prize...HIM! Thanks for sharing. Blessings to you :)

Post a Comment