27 November, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving...

... from our house to yours!!

I trust everyone had a great thanksgiving with their family and/or friends! I hope you have all had a great day to sit back and think about how blessed we really are and how
very much we are thankful for !!


Our day started out very much like every year. We slept in and woke up just in time for the Macy's Thanksgiving day parade. (No, the baby and I didn't get to sleep in!) After that we packed up the car and headed off to grandmothers house !! When we got there... NO TV!! Their cable went out! Uh, excuse me... NO cable means NO football on Thanksgiving. "INCONCEIVABLE!! Now, I could have cared less. It was nice and peaceful in the house for a bit. BUT, the men were getting antsy about not being able to watch their football, and I really wasn't looking forward to hearing them gripe!


The kids were playing outside with their cousins in the bounce house that the grandparents bought them for Christmas last year, and I was reading all the Black Friday ads. Life was okay in my eyes-- even with no football.
Finally the cable guy-- no not Larry-- showed up and fixed the problem. Ah, happy men!!


We tried to cook the turkey in a different contraption this year. It uses propane heat and just cooks it like that. It looks like a fryer, but doesn't use any oil. It was nice because we did it outside and didn't have to heat up the house all day. Nor did it take long at all to cook it! The turkey got burnt on the outside, but the inside (the part that counts) was delicious!! Nice and juicy! I think we weren't used to this new process and didn't realize this was going to cook the turkey at mock speed!


Anyway, we had a great day!!
I am so thankful for a great family that loves me in spite of me!!

Here are some pics. from our day!

"monkey", her Uncle and cousin!!

My brother putting the turkey in!


My dad carving the turkey.

(not a very flattering pic of him, but I wanted to get a pic of the turkey) The kids playing in the bounce house.





5 Comments:

  1. He & Me + 3 said...
    What fun. We had a nice day too. Christmas tree is up and time for bed. Black Friday starts early!
    Brittani said...
    Looks like you had a fun day! I am glad you enjoyed being with your wonderful family. Our day was great too. I will post about it tomorrow. I had to leave today's post for Steph's Bday!
    Brittani
    Mikki said...
    Sounds like you had a great day. So happy for the guys the cable was fixed. LOL.

    Have a beautiful weekend!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    So glad that you have a fun day! We had a very relaxing day, that of course, included football too! Happy Turkey day! I'm with MiMi...time for bed, shopping starts early tomorrow :)
    Anonymous said...
    I can only hope everyone got in the bouncy house after eating all that delicious food! Otherwise there could've been trouble....

Post a Comment