24 October, 2008

High School Musical 3

I don't know about you, but my kids jumped on the HSM bandwagon a LONG time ago!! I have to say, when I saw the first one, I was impressed! It was a great little Disney musical based around high schoolers that I didn't have a problem letting the kids watch it! Since HSM 1, chaos has swept the nation with HSM 2 and now HSM3!! My kids are far from High School ,( not far enough for my taste!) but these are good movies that they can watch. I am okay with the messages they are sending and the "picture" of high school they are painting! If only today's "real" high schools were that innocent?! HSM3 says to "follow your own dreams and not the dreams of others!" You could take that a step farther and use it to teach your kids to follow God's will for their life, and what He tells you, and not the will of others! Of course now my daughter wants to be DIVE when she grows up! WANTS to be? I am sure she is already half-way there!! :o)

Anyway, my kids are such huge fans! Of course we wouldn't miss opening day! I was afraid that it would be crowded since this is the only HSM that went to theaters. It worked out that our school had a teacher work day and the other schools had a make -up day! (I love our charter school!) Minimal crowds, fantastic movie, and time with the family (including cousins and grammy!) !! What more could you ask for? In my opinion Kenny Ortega and the HSM family saved the best for last!! Go WildCats!!
Here are a few pics from our day!!


The kids in front of the theater poster!!

The kids trying to imitate the "jumping" in the poster, but I took the pic too late!


After lunch we rode the merry-go-round. This was "monkey's" first time!!


Look at her holding on and her sweet face!! She laughed and kicked her legs the whole ride!


2 Comments:

  1. Mikki said...
    How fun! We are going to see it Sunday afternoon after church.
    My girls are in their teens but they do enjoy this. They aren't crazy over it, but even though it's a little cheezy (as I call it) it's in the most part just good fun.

    Glad you all enjoyed it.
    Mikki said...
    I left you a little something over at my blog.. stop by and pick it up :-)

Post a Comment