05 September, 2008

So have you ever had these days? I am on a week of this now!! I have been so down and frustrated with life. Don't get me wrong... I LOVE my life! I couldn't have asked for a better one! I have healthy kids (usually), a hubby that takes care and provides for us, a home to live in, a job where I stay at home and take care of my kids! The Lord has truly blessed me. I would never change it for the world. Sometimes you just have those days.

Lately I have been stuck in a rut! I know in the back of my head that I had loved, appreciated, irreplaceable, and have purpose. Sometimes I just don't feel that way due to my own selfish desire to be "affirmed". I do do do and I don't get anything or thanks (so it seems) in return! I clean up the floor-- it is dirty again. I do the laundry-- the clothes are left on the floor and the cat sleeps on them. I pack the kids lunches-- they don't eat them. My saving grace has been the "I love you Mom" at the end of the day!

My hubby is on a project at work and hasn't been home at all this week. It has been the single parent family week again. I think it is taking its toll on me. The kids are fighting, the baby is crying , and the dog needs a walk. I try to keep it all into perspective, but sometimes my silly mind/ heart runs my life and needs some redirection.

Then as I was questioning why the heck do I do this? I looked up and saw an inspirational print that was given to me a long time ago. I then with tears in my eyes and joy in my heart had the redirection and affirmation that I needed. I trust it will encourage you as it has encouraged me. Please pass it along to someone else who needs encouragement. It goes like this:
Continue On
by: Roy Lessin
A woman once fretted over the usefulness of her life. She feared she was
wasting her potential being a devoted wife and mother.
She wondered if the time and energy she invested in her husband
and children would make a difference. At times she got discouraged
because so much of what she did seemed to go unnoticed and unappreciated.
"Is it worth it?" she often wondered. "Is there something better
that I could be doing with my time?"
It was during one of these moments of questioning that she heard the
still small voice of her heavenly Father speak to her heart.
You are a wife and mother because
that is what I have called you to be.
Much of what you do is hidden from the public eye.
But I notice. Most of what you give is done without remuneration.
But I am your reward.
Your husband cannot be the man I have called him to be without
your support. Your influence upon him is greater than you think and more
powerful than you will ever know. I bless him through your service
and honor him through your love.
Your children are precious to me.
Even more precious than they are to you. I have entrusted them to your care
to raise for me. What you invest in them is an offering to Me.
You may never be in the public spotlight. But your obedience
shines as a bright light before Me.
CONTINUE ON.
Remember you are my servant.
Do all to please me."

7 Comments:

  1. Largaespada Family said...
    LOVE IT! And so very much needed that today! I will be printing this one for a reminder :)

    Love,
    Jaime
    Mikki said...
    Don't you just love it when God sends little love notes and encouragement just when we need it.

    I've been where you are plenty of times. I actually ran away from home for a couple hours in the evening this week after having to deal with stuff all day. I got a cup of coffee, went to a car wash, walked around a local store and just had alone time.

    Praying you find some refreshment soon. Do you have family close, that you could drop the kids off somewhere and just get out by yourself a little?

    If you ever want to explore Volusia County and take a drive.. my door is always open and I ALWAYS have coffee on hand. Bring the kids and come relax a little.
    Julie said...
    I could not have said it better! I just shared the same sentiment with a friend today. Thank you for reminding me why I am here!!! =)
    Kelly said...
    It sounds like you need to get away...maybe retreat somewhere...I know! October 3-5 Women's retreat...think about it. You still have 1 week to sign up :)
    Unknown said...
    Beautiful post, and we all need to remember this when we have those days. Glad I stumbled across your blog. :)
    Mikki said...
    Thanks Kelly! I remember this post.

    I almost went back and deleted my post, but then got a couple encouraging comments.

    I too know I'm loved and really appreciated.. just having one of those days .. LOL.

    Love ya!
    luvmy4sons said...
    Amen sister...you DO understand! I knew you would!

Post a Comment