27 September, 2008

Frugal Christmas tip!!

I don't know about you, but Christmas time gets a little tricky on the bank account. I love little and fun ways you can save money!! Well here is a little frugal and crafty fun that me and my kids had a few Christmases ago!



We were in the process of moving into a new home that wasn't ready yet. So we were living in an apartment. All our stuff was in storage including all my Christmas decorations and ornaments for the tree. I was pretty bummed. I am a complete Christmas addict! We got our tree, and I racked my brain for what kind of ornaments we could put on it. My kids love to do crafts, so I went to Michaels and bought a stack of red, green, white, gold, silver, foam sheets!


I also bought a box a ornament hangers! I then dug out my Christmas cookie -cutter set. We were off. The kids traced out the Christmas shapes on the foam sheets. They colored them, sprinkled them with glitter, put their own personal touches on them. We then cut them out, put a hanger in them and had a great tree full of handmade ornaments. The kids remember this Christmas very fondly. Even though it was in an apartment with none of our stuff, we made it unique, fun, and frugal!! I still have most of the ornaments, and we add them to the tree each year to remember that unique Christmas!!
image by: seasonedwithlove.com

2 Comments:

  1. Lindsey said...
    What a cute idea! I'll have to remember that. :-) We've done things like string popcorn before and I know we did things like this when I was a kid but I can't really remember. I would like to make a special ornament for my daughter's first Christmas. :-)

    Thanks for the comment on my blog! :-)
    Natalia said...
    Love the idea. I homeschool my kid ( he is only 3 year old) but I want to make ornaments , and That look great, thanks.

Post a Comment