06 July, 2009

Love Story!

Happy Anniversary to me and my guy!!

I will shout it from the roof tops! That is something to celebrate in this age of divorce! Sadly, we are the minority it seems! That is okay with me... I love being apart of that minority! We are SO different, but each one of us picks up where the other is lacking! Don't get me wrong... some days I wanna strangle him. Some days I wish he would go on more business trips. Some days I wish he wouldn't embarrass me. Some days I wish he would act like an adult and not a child and pick up his underpants. BUT EVERYDAY, I am blessed. Everyday , I am grateful. Everyday, I am confident through blood , sweat, and tears... we can make it to another year.

So a really quick love story....hubby and I met in my Senior year of high school. I went to a concert in Pittsburgh, PA to see a local christian trumpet player. I went to said concert with a date who was more interested in the concert than me. Never fear... "J" ( we will call him J , since we weren't married yet!) was there to take over for my date! "J" was the trumpet player's road manager for his tour. We left the concert and went our separate ways. About 1 year later, we went to see the same trumpet player in a different location. This time... no date for me, but "J" was still the trumpet player's road manager. We hung out and exchanged phone #'s. We carried on a long distant letter and phone relationship for about another year or so. (nope no email at this point-- just good ole fashion love letters!)

Then I got a phone call from the trumpet player himself saying that he was having "J" come on a double date with him during the weekend and "J" needed a date. Was I interested? Ummm... sure, but you guys live 3 hours away. No worries... "J" came and picked me up at my house, drove me to their town, and put me up at the trumpet player's parent' house for the weekend! Whoa , nelly... Talk about a whirlwind weekend... we had a great time!! On the way home from the weekend, we were in the middle of snow storm in which "J" proceeded to spin his truck off the interstate into a ditch. What a great first impression! I guess it worked in some "J" sort of way!! We got married July 6, 1996! So here we are...

We got married in my home town. Had a great party after and then off to our honeymoon at Breezes in Montego Bay, Jamaica! On the way the airport, I stopped off at the hair stylist and had them cut off about 8 inches of my hair. I had grown it out just for the wedding! I was done with it now! :o) We checked into our room in Jamaica and then promptly checked into another one after the water pipe in our bathroom broke and started making a nice swimming area in our room! :o) We went snorkeling! So much fun! Here I am waving!! The resort we stayed at is in the background! (sorry about picture quality... this was before we even thought about owning a digital camera! Single one time use all the way, baby!)
We took a , I guess you would call it a raft ride, down some river in Ocho Rios!

Thanks, "J" for a great ride!!

I am glad I get to call you hubby now!!
(I don't know what we are doing to celebrate. I think it will have to wait till the weekend, but I will keep you posted!!)


12 Comments:

  1. Lori said...
    happy anniversary. hope you enjoy your special day
    Robyn said...
    What a cool story and Happy Anniversary to you and J with many more to come!
    Kelly said...
    Happy Anniversary! Cherish each moment!
    Eyeglasses & Endzones said...
    Those pictures are just precious! Happy Anniversary! Sorry I have not been commenting. Darn summer vacation makes it soo tough to be on the computer!
    Julie said...
    Happy Anniversary! Great pictures. You both look like "babies" in them.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Happy Anniversary! Hope you enjoyed your day! Ryan and I will celebrate 11 years in a few weeks! Glad you had a great 4th!
    Emily said...
    Happy Anniversary! Loved reading your story! It's amazing how God brings people together! :)
    Mozi Esme said...
    Happy anniversary! Talk about a whirlwind romance... :)
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Happy Anniversary. Very cool to see the wedding pictures. How beautiful
    DanielleW said...
    Wow! I can't believe it's been that long. "J" looks so young.

    Happy Anniversary! In the words of our Sr. year, "I was there!"

    BTW, DS's doctor could be J's blonde twin brother. Kind of weird! And my assitant Pastor's father could be your FIL's twin.
    Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...
    Awe..... What a sweet story!

    Happy Anniversary to you both.
    Largaespada Family said...
    Love the story! And LOVE those old pics!!! Happy Anniversary!

Post a Comment