20 July, 2009

Chicago , here we come!

So, I mentioned a few weekends back that we were debating and really considering whether or not to go to Chicago this August with hubby while he is there on business! Everything with this trip has just perfectly aligned so far to enable us to go. The Lord is good! I think this will be such a great experience to for the kids. Not to mention that two of their MOST favorite stores are there! American Girl and Lego!! Princess has been working SUPER hard on her thumb sucking(You can read about that here!,)

and an American Girl doll was her ultimate reward if she does it! Now she may get to pick it out in person!!!
So we booked our tickets are making a plan! We are staying in the city. That way when Hubby is working outside the city in Shoumburg (sp) with the car, we can walk to all things Chicago and occupy ourselves! Can't wait to see me and three kids walking like lost tourists in the city alone! ahhh... adventure!! :o) We will be staying at the Intercontinental !
My hubby made us an itinerary! Here is what it says so far! Is this a vacation? :o)
TUESDAY
Lincoln Park Zoo
Museum of Contemporary Art

WEDNESDAY
American Girl Place
Grant Park Free Music Festival @ Millennium Park
Navy Pier Wednesday night “Rock Candy” (Pop/Rock Band) at 7pm @ Bud Light stage
navy Pier 9:30pm – fireworks.

THURSDAY
Art Institute of Chicago
Chicago Children’s Museum @ Navy Pier

FRIDAY
Lego Store
Legoland Discovery Center –
Garfield Park Conservatory – Always Free, Gardens


Now, these were carefully arranged with the idea of FREE in mind! There is a lot to do in Chicago for FREE on the right days!! The kids are getting excited! We leave August 4th early and come home August 7th late! It will be a whirlwind, but it will be good to see a new city and get away for a couple of days! Gee I hope daddy can join us for SOME fun!!
(I am taking dining recommendations!)

6 Comments:

  1. McCrakensx4 said...
    OH So much fun! I love Chicago!!! I haven't been there in years, but I still love it! Have a great time! Can't wait to see your pictures
    Mikki said...
    Sounds like a lot of fun!!
    Hey, I'll be at Orlando International on August 4th dropping off my hubby and picking up some friends..LOL. Want to meet for coffee..LOL
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    Oh girl! Sounds like a week full of fun to me!! Can't to hear about it all.
    Hugs.
    Kim
    Alicia W. said...
    I'm so uber jealous of you fabulous trip! You guys are going to have such a busy, fun time. Can't wait to see and hear all about it.
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Oh my word you are gonna have so much fun! What a sweet hubs to have that all set for you.
    Largaespada Family said...
    Yeah!!! I'm so glad it worked out for you to go! Looks like a great trip is planned! Have fun!!!!

Post a Comment