14 May, 2009

DID I JUST SAY THAT?


Oh, my... where in the world did the last 8 years go? Oh, how I wish I could slow time down! My baby is turning 8!! I say my baby, because for a while she was my baby... for 7 years she was my baby, until Monkey came! This is really bizarre! Today she is 8, tomorrow she will 20! Ugh... I dare not go to that train of thought right now. I need to keep my blood pressure down!

My girl on her dedication day! (6months old)
Oh, princess,


Today you turn 8! Where did the years go? I remember you as a little peanut looking up at me wanting me to hold you. I remember you getting the croup and going to the ER. I remember you making friends so easily. You are definitely a social butterfly! I watch you grow and mature daily. I watch you harass your brother, but in the next breath... get upset because he will miss out on something you know he would enjoy! I watch you tend to your brother and sister when they are sick-- when I let you get near them! I remember sitting in the ER when you had pneumonia getting stuck with needles thinking, just do it to me instead! I try my best to be the best example of a God fearing mama, but you know I fall short sometimes. You forgive so easily! Your eyes just light up a room! Your laughter is the best medicine! I can't wait to see what you become! A Vet, a rock star, and gymnast, a writer... it changes daily, but I can't wait!


We love you so much! The Lord has his hand on you to do great things! Greater things are still to come!!


Happy Birthday!

Love , Mom, Dad, big brother and monkey!!


( we have a great weekend planned so check back!!)




7 Comments:

  1. Dearest Jessica said...
    Happy Birthday Sweet girl!! You do have amazing Guys.

    Enjoy your weekend!
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    Oh my friend, your words reflect such love for your daughter. It it does go by fast. My youngest just turned 4 and my oldest is going to be 16 this year. Yikes. Slow it down.
    Wish her a Happy Birthday for me.
    hugs.
    Kim
    Mikki said...
    Ahh. 8. I love that age. Well i love all the ages, but I remember 8 being so fun!!

    Happy Birthday to her!!
    Julie said...
    Happy Birthday! I hope she has a great one!!!
    Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...
    What a lovely post.
    Happy Birthday to the Princess!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    Happy Birthday to Princess. Wow she looked like Monkey when she was little.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Oh, my baby just turned 8 this past Sunday! They grow up too fast, don't they! Happy Birthday to Princess!!

Post a Comment