28 May, 2009

EcoStore USA review!



With all the talk lately about "going green", I jumped at the chance to try and review some products from EcoStore USA!! They are a company that started in New Zealand and have branched out from there. They offer everything from pet care to kitchen care! Before receiving the products, I asked myself "what does GREEN mean to me?" Yes, it can be different for different families! I want products that are environmentally friendly, contain NO harsh chemicals (everyday life is harsh as it is), and fits into MY lifestyle! I think EcoStore has done it all!!


Here are some staggering facts about household products as found on the ecostore website backed by several other departments!


According to the American Association of Poison Control Centers accidental poisonings occur in the home every 30 seconds.
The National Safety Council has reported that more children under four die of from accidental poisoning than are killed by guns.
A report by the EPA to Congress determined household cleaners three times more likely to cause cancer than outdoor air pollution.
Women who work from home and are more frequently exposed to household toxins and poor air quality are 50% more likely to develop cancer.
Newborn infants have trace levels of toxic chemicals in their bodies, passed on by their mother’s exposure.


You can check out some more information and other sites by going to EcoStore's website!


Now ... that being said.... I have tried the Baby Moisturizer from Ecostore and it is great!! I always worry about putting things on the baby's skin for fear of a reaction. No issues!! It has a great smell that almost -to me- has a hint of lavender in it! It isn't greasy. It is light! You also only need a little bit to go a LONG way!! I use it after every bath! I also have been using it on my hands as well! Very smooth!


The next thing I tried was the antibacterial kitchen cleaner!! First off ,the smell is very inviting-- almost citrus like. You know when you use a harsh chemical like bleach... your nose burns !? Not with this. It is great for an everyday soft cleaner! I have been using it on the baby's high chair the most. It doesn't leave any residue and I know the tray is clean and nothing harsh was left behind to leech into the baby's food! For REALLY touch jobs like stains from koolaid on my counter tops, I still grab my Clorox bleach and dab it with a drop and then wipe it up with the Ecostore kitchen cleaner! I have no worries about using this cleaner around the baby!

I have been really happy with the products I have tried! I encourage you to NOT take my word for it. (my views are simply that... my views!) Just give them a try!



4 Comments:

  1. He & Me + 3 said...
    we love their body wash. my kids have eczema and it helps with that. No irritation at all. we love their products.
    Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...
    What a great review.
    Cascia Talbert said...
    I've seen these featured on a few other blogs. I would love to try them someday. Thank you so much for sharing your review!
    Eyeglasses & Endzones said...
    Very nice review...I need to order some stuff. I have been using Seventh Generation at Target. I love it!

Post a Comment