12 April, 2009

Happy Easter!


I just wanted to take a quick minute to say "HAPPY EASTER" to you all!!

We have had a lot of Easter fun , but only a minute to share right now! We are still going!! So far the highlight of my Easter has been when we sat down with the kids and went over the "Easter Story". They are old enough to hear a bit of details about what our Lord endured. As I talked about the crown of thorns on Jesus' head and reminded them how bad it feels when they stick their fingers on our rose bushes outside... they got it. As I talked about the sword in his side, and the nails in his hands.... their eyes welled up with tears and my girl crawled up in my lap! Then to see the joy in their welled up eyes as we talked about the grave not being able to hold him. HE LIVES!! He lives for us to have eternal life through him. For no man comes to the Father , but by Him! Not by deeds, not by a "good heart", or a well -lived life. Through accepting this gift of salvation and having a personal relationship with Him.

The kids get it. Do you? That is my wish for you this Easter.... that you get it! He did what He did so you wouldn't have to-- for the wages of sin is death (Romans 6:23) Oh, I am so blessed to have someone love me that much in spite of myself!!

Blessings to you all!!

I will post pics later from our weekend!!

5 Comments:

  1. Eyeglasses & Endzones said...
    This year we shared the whole story of what Christ did for us! It is nice!
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    Happy Easter to you my friend.
    Christina - Rant Rave Roll said...
    What a lovely post and such a nice moment you shared. Happy Easter!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    This was the first year we shared the entire story with the boys to. It was such a great feeling that they know what Jesus did for us and that He still lives! Happy Easter sweet friend!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    We went through the resurrection eggs with the kids and it was so nice. We plan to do this every year. Yes, our family gets what our savior did for us and I am so blessed for that.
    Hope you had a wonderful Easter!

Post a Comment