16 March, 2009

Oh, my silly hubby!

My father -in -law is in town to go to the Tavistock Cup with my hubby this week. We don't have a guest room , but have a nice comfy blow up mattress to put up in our loft for him to sleep. No privacy, but still a bed! We talked about getting a decorative screen to put there when we have company to block it off for a little privacy. I didn't think more about it... until my hubby came home with his own "little decorative screen"! Lord, help me! So now in my loft we have this monstrosity...

What the heck? This is the loft at the top of the stairs. It now has a 10ft by 8 ft screen it in. This is what I get when my Disney Entertainment hubby has access to Disney "stuff"!

Where did it come from? Go on... you can ask, I know you want to know!! It was used for the Playhouse Disney LIVE meet and greets at the Parks. They had a Wiggles concert, Johny and the sprites show, The Doodle Bops show etc. This was the backdrop for taking pics with the stars! Now it is in my loft!

This is the view from inside the loft! The stairs and my laundry room are right on the other side! Talk about privacy.

This is the REAL use for this screen! Here are the kids at the Johny and the Sprites concert with John Tartaglia! (See my screen in the back ground?)

Sometimes my hubby calls himself a genius... I sometimes call him.... um crazy!!

12 Comments:

  1. Lori said...
    ok creative comes to mind
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    LOL! I love it! Too funny.
    Sarah Coggins said...
    From a Disney fan's point of view, I'm jealous! LOL From a wife's point of view, I see your point. ;) Either way, it makes for a great blog post!
    Julie said...
    Crazy...Yes! But he is also very resourceful. HaHaHa!!!
    Kelly said...
    I see where you are coming from, but how cool that he has access like that. He must be so COOL to your kids. ;) Daddy who knows/works with Mickey, Manny, Johnny, etc.
    Anonymous said...
    Your loft looks like my playroom! Hubby set up our tent in there, and it takes up the entire room. Kids don't seem to mind - he is their hero, I'm the ogre....grrr

    Is Phil Mickelson playing at the Tavistock cup? He is the bomb!!
    Largaespada Family said...
    Love it! Annalise said, "hey, that's Johnny! I wish I had my picture with him!"

    So, yes, I know a little girl that is jealous!
    Country Mouse, City Mouse said...
    That is hilarious. Way to recycle!!
    McCrakensx4 said...
    Isn't he creative? But I guess you haveta be to work for Disney!! I remember taking Brendan to see Bear and the Big Blue House, when it was just that!!! So much fun!
    Debra Kaye said...
    Oh Kelly ... I just had to laugh at this...um creativity of his! Blessings, sweet friend!
    Alicia W. said...
    What a funny post! Shhhh.. don't tell anyone but I think Johnny is a CUTIE!
    God's Girl said...
    Oh how funny! Or should I say 'entertaining'?

    thanks for sharing. It makes me miss my Disney days in entertainment. : )

Post a Comment