02 February, 2009

A Day at the Beach!

My dad had gotten a week at a condo in Daytona Beach from a buddy of his! We decided a while ago to go up on Sat. to visit and let the kids hang out on the beach ! Well, along came Sat. and boy was it cold. Wouldn't you know that a front came through on Friday! I think the high was 53! (YES, that is cold for us Floridians!) We, crazy people, decided to go for the day anyway! Even though the temperature was 53, it felt much colder at the coast. The wind off the ocean makes it much cooler! The cold didn't seem to bother the kids. It was very funny to watch my kids in their winter jackets, gloves, and hats on walking through the surf with their shoes off! I really don't know how they did it. Their poor feet were so red when we were done! Thank goodness for indoor heated pools!! They had a lot of fun!!

Okay, can I just say... I really did feel like a dork dressed
to brave the Arctic... The man in the left of the picture was
sitting beside his van wearing NOTHING but his swimming
shorts. HELLO! 53 degrees and windy people!
He had to be a tourist!

One of my favorites!

I am cold.. let's get out of here!

This was monkey's first trip to the beach! She was in awe of thunderous ocean! I also found out that my monkey is going to be my water baby!! She really wasn't happy being held in the pool! She wanted to GO!! I think some water safety classes like SafeStart are going to be a must.
I am ready... when can we swim?

Thanks Daytona Beach and dad!! We will be back! Probably when it is much warmer!

11 Comments:

  1. Country Mouse, City Mouse said...
    Look at monkey loving the water. I am super excited to take Jillian to her first swimming lessons this spring. She is two and a half and has never been in a pool. She has so many problems with her ears, but now she has tubes, I think she is good to go. We also got her custom made ear plugs last week.

    Sorry, I am blogging on your blog. I love the bright blue skies in your photos. Happy Monday!
    More Than Words said...
    Oh how fun!! The beach is so relaxing! Well, when you have kids running around it's not that relaxing..LOL.

    Cute pictures!!!
    Shannon said...
    We are definitely doing swimming lessons this summer. It's just good for them to know. She's a cutie in the bathing suit. :)
    Lori said...
    great pictures! and yes 50s is very cold here in FL!
    He & Me + 3 said...
    I am wishing it was 53 here. Great pics...I did love the one of you and Monkey with the shadows. Very sweet.
    McCrakensx4 said...
    How fun! We love the beach too! Great shots!!
    Everyday Mom Designs said...
    Aww great pictures and memories!
    Mikki said...
    Oh you were so close!! We're only 20 minutes away. :-)
    But you were having some fun COLD family time! :-)

    You still got some great pictures!!
    Robyn said...
    Looks like great fun, nice pix also. I'm wishing it was 53 here, must say "sick of single digit temps".
    Kim @ Homesteader's Heart said...
    LOL! Yeah I must say you picked the wrong weekend. It's been gorgeous though for the most part hasn't it?
    I love the way the kids respond to the ocean for the first time. You can tell that they already have a very healthy respect for it.
    Glad you still had fun. Oh and that guy on the beach was sitting right next to his white van that was reflecting the sun onto him and blocking the cold air from the north. That's my story and I"m sticking to it!
    Hugs.
    Kim
    Largaespada Family said...
    great pics and looked like warm winter fun! I'll have to join you on a beach trip when it gets a little warmer!

Post a Comment