17 October, 2008

A quote to think about!

One my drive to pick up the kids from school , there is a church that has great quotes on their marquee!! I love reading them and then pondering them!

Today, the quote that caught my eye was :

"Worry is the darkroom in which negatives develop!"

Think about that one! The Lord tells us not to worry about tomorrow. Nothing good ever comes from worrying. It also takes a physical toll on ones body. Worry is the direct result of our human nature that enables the devil to come in and do his dirty work! It makes us question God and who He is.

Yes, worry is easy to do. Yes, we do worry! It is a DAILY battle, I am a mom!! I am challenged each day to quiet my worries by going to him in prayer. I imagine myself taking the thing I worry about and laying it at the foot of the cross. I then say , " here, Lord... you worry about it!"

I challenge you and myself with these verses especially in today's state of our nation!

Matthew 6:25
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
Matthew 6:34
Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Psalm 130:5
I wait for the LORD, my soul waits, and in his word I put my hope
Jeremiah 29:11
For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.

3 Comments:

  1. Largaespada Family said...
    Great post! Great quote! Thanks for the scripture references! What a great reminder Kelly!
    Julie said...
    Great post Kel!!!
    Julie said...
    Thank you! We all need this reminder everyday. It is a constant battle for me.

Post a Comment